Advice for Candidates
A few things to keep in mind if you are seeking initiation with Blue Equinox Oasis:
- When filling out application, write your civil name out in full, including your middle name. Do not use initials, otherwise the application will be returned.
- Applications are good for one year from the date it is signed by you (not just turned in). If you filled one out and more than a year has passed, you will need to fill out a new application.
- Have the attached waiver witnessed by someone who is not considered an agent of O.T.O. This is normally anyone who is not a local body officer or an officer of United States Grand Lodge, and can be a non-member.
- There is no stigma for remaining at any degree for extended periods of time or even indefinitely. We strongly discourage members from pressuring anyone into taking any initiation with us.
- In order to steward Lodge resources in staging initiations, we do not begin to schedule initiations until payment is received.
- Although there is officially only a one month waiting period between the Minerval and I°, virtually all candidates wait at least a few months (nine is common). The minimum time between I° and II° is nine months. Between II° & III° and between III° & IV°, a waiting period of at least one year is required (the IV° and P.I. degrees are normally taken on the same day).
If you have any other questions, please ask the Initiation Coordinator, one of the local chartered initiators, or the Oasis Master.